Spring has officially sprung and I’m excited to get my house ready for the season. With Easter just days away I’m trying to add some festive touches to my decor even though I’m well aware that I don’t have much in terms of Easter decorations. Instead, I’m focusing on pretty pastels and things I already own to make the house feel light and cheerful. Here are some ways I’ve added “Easter” decor to my home without spending more than a few dollars:
- Florals – That pretty pink hydrangea I picked up last weekend is definitely adding a feeling of spring to our living room.
- Keepsake bunnies – I bought these two bunnies about 20 years ago (!!!) at a craft sale in Pembroke. I’ve kept them all these years and managed not to break them. They make an appearance every Easter.
- Letter board – I change up this letter board every now and then and figure it’s a perfect way to add another festive touch with a cute phrase.
- Easter candy – Obviously I’ve already stocked up on chocolate eggs and I’ve displayed them throughout the house in cute vessels. (This is definitely more temporary decor depending on your willpower!)
- Tea party centrepiece – To me, nothing says springtime like a tea party… so I busted out my Kate Spade tea set from my china cabinet along with a pretty canister of tea (from Paris!) and more chocolates for my dining table centrepiece.